Friday, October 8, 2010

Up To Speed...

First off, if you don’t already read Amy’s blog…go over there right now and do so! She and her husband are absolutely adorable. I love that she always tells the truth about their struggle with infertility and yet, she still stays positive, sees that God is in control and has a plan....even though it's not easy.  To be honest, I love seeing her posts on my Google Reader every morning. The other day, she had a great post encouraging people to share their stories of their “click” moment. Go HERE right now and read it. It’s amazing how many people are struggling with the same things (singleness, infertility, job issues, etc) and it’s great to see that while we may not have all the answers, God does. And that is OK.

So, being the blog stalker I am…I participated. I figured there has GOT to be more amazing, single girls out there struggling with God’s timing. And what do you know…there are! And they even commented! This is amazing to me. So, if you are new to my blog, welcome!!  Now please allow me to give you a very quick tour of my life.

This is me:

 This is my family:


We don’t normally dress like this. It was my cousin’s wedding…where I was a bridesmaid. Shocking.



I grew up here:
(Glamorous, is it not?)


After surviving high school, I went off to college here:

(Go BOILERS!)


Finally, after four awesome fun-filled years, they gave me a degree and kicked me out. So, I picked up and moved here:

This was not in my plan, but the job was too perfect to pass up. I worked for an amazing company that has a hotel resembling this:



I started dating a guy we call “Jerk” within two weeks of settling in. We continued dating for almost two years….until I realized that it wasn’t working and he was, in fact, a jerk. During this time, I didn’t really have any friends at work or in my life at all. It was a dark, dark period in my life. There are a few blog posts on this if you go back in the short history of my blog. So, back to the story, we broke up. Yay!

The only good thing that came out of that crappy relationship was this:
This is Lexie – she’s my little Morkie puppy. She weighs 8lbs and has entirely too much personality for her own good. But she’s adorable, so I put up with it.


All of a sudden, things started falling into place for me. I started liking my job and then met these people at work:

You can read all about these ladies HERE. They are my “people.” They put me back together again and became my family in the South. One of them even made me an Aunt for the first time. I love her for that.

So by this point, my life was cruising along fairly well. I had a bunch of great friends, a decent job and didn’t really need anything else. Then it hit me: I should start dating. It didn’t go well. You can read about that HERE.

Eventually, I realized that while I had grown to love the South and all the people there, it wasn’t where I was meant to stay. So, I prayed about it and started searching for any job possible. Lo and behold, God provided. And I cried. It was a good thing. You can read about it HERE.

After some drama, I moved here:

I worked for a crappy company for 6 months before landing my dream job downtown. You can read about that HERE.



So, that catches the newbies up on my life. Again, this is NOT where I thought I’d be when I mapped out my life. But, it’s the perfect place for me. I can’t imagine my life being much better. We’ll see though…God always has something in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment