Monday, October 4, 2010

25 Things

**I did one of these a while back on Facebook.  That one was pretty lame. 
This one is slightly less lame.**


1. When I have more than two drinks, my Southern accent comes out. I have no control over this, but people in Chicago think it’s hilarious.


2. I can hear a song one time and sing it back to you. Memorizing lyrics is my talent

3. I can still do the splits, reach 8 inches past my toes and touch my head to my feet…backwards. That’s what 10 years of gymnastics will do to you. These also make for great bar tricks.

4. I absolutely suck at team sports. Anyone who’s seen me play kickball can attest to this.

5. I talk to my dog. Sometimes, she answers me.

6. I speed read. Due to this, I’ve actually read the same book twice without realizing it until later.

7. People in Tennessee call me a Yankee because I'm from Indiana, but people from Chicago call me a southerner because I'm from Indiana.

8. I'm terrified of a lot of Disney movies. The main ones are Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Lady & the Tramp, and Bambi. For some reason I have horrible memories of these movies and absolutely refuse to watch them.

9. I still have bad dreams about the “Kiddy-Napper” from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. That guy scared the crap out of me as a kid, but I still love the movie.

10. My Google Reader is full of wedding photographers and Mom’s of Multiples Blogs. I don’t know why I find both of those so fascinating.

11. I have recently learned that I cannot and should not dance in public. People can take pictures of it…and it’s not pretty.

12. I'm obsessed with music. Any kind: Broadway, Country, Pop, 80s, Classic Rock, ect. When I hear a song, it takes me back to the place I first heard it. I always have music on and usually sing in the shower & the car. 

13. I hate shopping for clothes. I love shopping for shoes and home décor.

14. I’m happiest when I’m near water. Any type: Ocean, Lake, Swimming pool…whatever.

15. I’m a big believer in going with your gut. It’s nearly impossible for me to ignore mine.

16. I love my huge family. My little cousins are adorable – all 23 of them. It is so much fun to watch them grow up.

17. I took piano lessons for 10 years and can absolutely not play anything. I desperately wish my parents wouldn’t have let me quit.

18. The only living thing allowed in my apartment (besides me & my roommate) is my dog. Plants don’t stand a chance with me. It’s a disaster.

19. Sometimes, my favorite thing to do is nothing. I love just laying around the house in my PJs and snuggling with Lexie.

20. I love DVR. I hate commercials. Currently, I’m addicted to: Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Law & Order SVU, & Brother’s & Sisters.

21. Caffeine makes me go insane. I’m not allowed to have iced coffee and be around people…I literally bounce.

22. I refuse to settle…for anything.

23. I thought I’d get married at 25 – I’m rapidly approaching 27 and am shockingly ok with the fact that I’m nowhere near being married.

24. I didn’t drink beer all throughout college. I do now…and love it.

25. It’s really hard to think of 25 things…plus, I’m at work…I should probably go get some work done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment