Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sarah's ReWedding...

…And here's the promised post on Sarah's rewedding.  For those of you who are lost.  my younger cousin (mentioned HERE) married a Chilean - the orginal wedding was in Chile in March, but because our family couldn't all be there, we celebrated their "reWedding" over Labor Day weekend.

Saturday, we had the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner was a Chilean BBQ. There were almost 100 people at the dinner…including ALL of our cousins and even some second &third cousins! It was perfect weather and it was so good to catch up with all my Aunts & Uncles as well as run around with the kiddos. Unfortunately, I was so busy playing tag/wrestling little kids that I didn't take any pictures.

Sunday morning, Sarah, her mother-in-law & I went to get our hair and make-up done. It was really fun to see Sarah interact with her MIL and so fascinating to watch her translate back and forth…her mind is so quick!


 
Then it was off to the church to finish getting ready and start taking pictures. My mom directed the portrait portion of the evening – such a GREAT idea having someone bark out those orders…mom did a great job at it. Goodness knows it’s not easy to corral 60+ family members.

Even though they had a “real” wedding in Chile and this was just a recommitment ceremony, they still had bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids & flower girls. It was so cute to see the little girls walk down the aisle!  There were so many of them!




Finally, after the ceremony – it was time to party. Our family may be pretty tame, but we LOVE a good party! They had made the traditional Chilean drink Pisco Sours. They had a cousin’s dance after the first dance and then EVERYONE was on the dance floor for the next 3 hours…even the little kids kept it going until midnight!
The WHOLE family!  By far my favorite picture from the whole thing :)
Seriously, one of the best times I’ve had with our family in recent years! Now for the onslaught of pictures….

Adorable Flower Girls & Junior Bridesmaid

 
Sarah with three of the flower girls (there were 6 total!)


Left:  My great-grandma...99 and STILL driving every day.  Also, drinks a beer every day.  She's my inspiration.
Right:  My grandma - if you have some spare prayers, we'd appreciate them!  This was right before we found out she has acute leukemia.  It's been a rough month
Weird little cousins.  I <3 them :)
Toast time (geez, bad posture much??) & my only older cousin, Ben

If you think I won't use the above pictures against my little cousins, you are dead wrong.
  

The fam



I <3 my momma.  And the right picture explains why I'm so odd - clearly got it from my parents :)

2 comments:

  1. We will definitely be praying for your grandma. Do you mind if I put her on our prayer chain? What is her name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! That'd be great :) Her name is Jerry Schoenherr (Shane-here).

    ReplyDelete