Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why I Suck At Blogging This Week

Let me tell you why I suck at blogging this week. First off, this whole “work” thing really gets in the way of a lot of things. Seriously. I walked in Monday expecting it to be a pretty easy week. My clients clearly sensed this and started pouring stuff on! Boo on that. See my desk? Yeah, neither do I. Boo. 

Pardon the crappy cell phone picture

Second, this gorgeous girl is taking up a lot of my time:


This is Ann. I met her when I was just a little college freshman. We were shoved together in a TINY dorm room for an entire year. We both chose to go pot-luck for our freshman year and I think we still tell people this is the BEST decision we ever made. Seriously.

What are the odds that two people from two different states both have backgrounds in gymnastics and diving? Pretty slim, but somehow we ended up together. We had some awesome times in that dorm room. We’d go to Tark-mart (dorm convenience store) and get the following: half gallon of milk, roll of cookie dough, pink Laffy Taffy, Nerd Ropes, plain M&Ms and peanut butter. Seriously…at least once a week we’d eat all that. It’s a wonder we didn’t weigh 800 lbs.

Ann & I

Even though we only lived together for one year, it was enough. There are very few people who I can email when I’m having a “sad day” and they’ll know exactly what to say. Ann is the best person for this. I’ve never had someone who just understood where I was coming from. She can take my jumbled up rambling and put it into perfect perspective for me. She’s not afraid of telling me to grow up or that I’m being a moron. I love that about her.

At the same time, she’s also one of my biggest cheerleaders. She was there for me when Jerk & I broke up and promised me that even though I could barely get through a day, that I would be better off on the other side. She knows all about my family drama and will just listen to me talk about it all. She doesn’t try to fix it or tell me what to do. She just listens.

celebrating 25 years of Ann!

To say she’s one of my favorite people would be a gross understatement. I’ve watched her go through some really hard things during and after college. I flew up to Chicago to celebrate her 25th birthday and then again when we both had puppies so they could meet. I love that she’s back in school chasing after something that she truly loves – interior design. She’s so creative, smart and funny. This girl can make me laugh like no one else. Whether telling me how she’s going to hurl while introducing herself to watching her dance after a few too many drinks, she cracks me up. I’m so glad that we now live in the same city. We get to hang out with our puppies (who are best friends, btw), go get mani/pedis, and have slumber parties just like freshman year (minus all most of the junk food).

Head-banging with her brother  - seriously

So, back to why Ann is stealing all my time this week/weekend. Because SHE’S GETTING MARRIED!!!! YAY! She has a wonderful fiancé, Mike, and on Saturday, they will (finally) be married! This wedding has put a lot of stress on her. Between wedding stuff, a bunch of stupid drama, a full time job AND school, the poor girl has been run ragged. I’m excited that she finally gets to wear her gorgeous dress, Christian Loubiton shoes and go on her honeymoon because, well, she deserves it!

Ann & Mike - Almost married!
I’m lucky enough to be a bridesmaid and cannot wait to stand up there for her! Though my to-do list pales in comparison to hers, being a bridesmaid is some serious business. Especially a single bridesmaid. I’ve got nails, toes, spray tan, hair and all that fun stuff to get done. The dresses are adorable and one of the few that can actually be worn again! Thank you J. Crew! Plus, my shoes....are awesome.  Not as amazing as Ann's, but I'm pumped about getting to wear them!

The Bride & her Maids!


Ann, I know you read this, so let me just say this: I am so excited for you! I’m so glad that you’ve finally found a great guy who understands you. You both deserve nothing but the best and I know it’ll come to you. Thank you for being an amazing friend for the past nine years (holy crap, we’re old). Thanks for the constant back and forth emails, Google chats and phone calls over everything and nothing all at once. Who would have thought my pot-luck freshman year roommate would be one of my best friends almost ten years later? I’m so glad we were stuck together on that awful floor in the crappy dorm. My life would not be the same without you. You are truly one of my favorite people and I can’t wait to celebrate your happiness this weekend! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm crying while getting my mani/pedi reading this. I love you more than words could ever say. Thank you for being you. My number 1.

    ReplyDelete