Sunday, April 18, 2010

Life Lately

Last weekend, I went back to Nashville because a certain Babykins was turning one!  It was so good to see my friends again.  Babykins is getting to be a little boy, not a baby anymore.  He changed so much in the month I was gone!  We had a talk and agreed that he can't get any bigger while Aunt Linny's gone.  It's just not cool.


The Girls (plus Matt)

Babykins first taste of cake (made by Stacia!)


During our "do not grow up" discussion.  It didn't end well.


One of my favorite pictures...ever.

I don't think it had hit me that I didn't live in Nashville anymore.  It felt like I was on an extended vacation or just trying out someone else's life in Chicago.  The day after I got back, I had my first breakdown about it all.  I was on the phone with my mom and she was asking me seemingly innocent questions that all just added up at once.  I was exhausted, depressed from leaving my friends/being alone again and everything just came pouring out.  Not pretty of course, but it had to happen eventually. 

I thought because I was moving to a place where I already knew people that my life/friends situation would just fall into place.  Turns out, I'm wrong.  All of my friends here have their own lives already, which is awesome for them.  It's just hard meeting people at work because they all live in the suburbs (yuck.)  It'll be ok eventually...just might take some time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment