Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh Bachelor, Why Must I Be Addicted to You?

I watch The Bachelor on ABC.  I'll admit it, but I'm not proud of it.  I never watched it in the beginning (I caught the end of Trista & Ryan's season b/c her parents lived behind my Sorority House, but that was it, I swear).  I somehow ended up watching again it during Deanna's season...and I was hooked.  (Side Note:  I about DIED when she chose Jesse...really Deanna!?)

Then, Deanna's rejected Bachelor Jason got his own show.  Oh how I loved Jason.  He was so sweet!  What a great dad!  And he was crazy about my favorite girl - Melissa!  They were going to live happily ever after and be cute as ever! 

Wrong.  I made the mistake about 3/4 of the way through the show of reading Reality Steve's spoilers.  I was D-E-V-A-S-T-A-T-E-D!  My friend Jen & I debated for hours over whether or not Jason was going to dump Melissa on the "After the Rose" show and go for the second place girl - Molly.  Welp, he did it.  Jen swore off The Bachelor forever...and I swore it off until next season.  I watched Jillian & Ed with a small chip on my shoulder.  But they're happy and I'm ok with that.  They gained a little of my trust back. 

Fast forward to this season.  Jake.  Yum.  Jake is a very handsome man.  I had forgotten that it was premiering and managed to catch the first episode.  I believe my Facebook status read "The average age of these girls on the Bachelor is about 25. That's how old I am and I think I'm a helluva lot smarter than these bimbos. Just sayin'."  Needless to say, I was NOT impressed with many of the girls, but I really liked Ali, Corrie & Ella.  Within the first two minutes, I knew Michelle was crazy and Vienna would be the hated one.

So now they're down to the final three...and again, I'm not impressed.  Reality Steve is telling me my worst fears are coming true and Cutie Pilot Jake (that's his full name, I checked) is chosing the hated girl.  Ahem, Jake?  Yeah, if ALL the girls are telling you she's evil, it's not because they're jealous. SO depressing.  Plus, Ali chose to leave tonight because she had to chose between Jake & her job!  That totally sucks.  I was a huge fan of her and will probably not watch the rest of the season (until the "After the Final Rose" show). 

The thing that makes me so skeptical about the whole thing is the way the girls express themselves.  "Oh my gosh!  I'm totally falling for him!"  "Oh Jake!  I'm so totally, like, in love with you!"  I'm sorry, but you've known him for all of two months AND he's dating other women at the same time!  Really!?  But the crap of it all is that he's doing the same thing!  "I'm falling for four different women at the same time!"  Again, I say really!?  All three of them are completely different, so how can he know what he wants out of his relationship/future fiance?  Again, I can't see how this is going to turn out well.  Not to mention, this is NOT giving much hope to this single girl! 

Oh Bachelor...I think you've lost me for good this time.  Anyone else know of a good crap reality TV show?

No comments:

Post a Comment