Monday, November 8, 2010

Why I'm in a Great Mood on Monday:

Reason #1:  Even though I had to get up while it was still pitch dark outside on Saturday morning and go run, I beat my goal!! KK and I had a slumber party on Friday night (circa 1995) and woke up to freezing temps the next morning. It was COLD at 6:30…so we walked to Starbucks and then stole a cab to get to the race. I had no idea it would be SO packed. There were people everywhere! Overall, I ran a 10:50 mile and finished the whole course in 33:37. Not bad for not running in almost two weeks! KK performed her duty as distracter perfectly and talked the entire time while I sweated it out.


 My only complaint is that the course was entirely too small for 12,000 people to run at once. At one point we were running on the Shedd Aquarium lawn. I didn’t eat anything before hand (except a Apple Spice from Starbucks) so my blood sugar dropped pretty low right after the race. Fortunately, they had plenty of chocolate fondue and hot chocolate ready! I wish I could eat that after every run! In all, it was a great race. Definitely motivated me to start running more and beat my current time!


Reason #2: My mom & Lex are in town!! YAY! I love my momma and was excited when she wanted to come up for my uncle’s play reading. My parents have had Lexie for about a month now. It’s extremely depressing to not have her around all the time. However, being her mother, I have to put her best interests first (even if she is "just a dog"). With me, she’s locked up four days a week in her crate from 8am – 6pm and went to daycare one day a week (of which she was terrified.) By the time I get home from work, it’s dark and she gets a quick walk around the neighborhood before we lounge around or I head out to some other plans.

With my parents, she gets to sleep in till whenever, she has a backyard to run around in, my parents are home most of the time (perks of working for yourself), she has our family dog, Pache, to play with, AND my mother sets up play-dates for her with other little dogs. No joke. Looking at this, it’s really no comparison that the best place for her is with my parents. I can still have her back whenever I want and can travel home as much as I want to see her. She still sleeps with me when I’m home, but the best thing for her right now is to be there. Her life is better. It absolutely kills me to type that because she is my baby and she’s a big part of my life.

I miss her every day, but right now, my mom and dad need her more. They love having her around and have been spoiling her beyond reason. At any rate, mom & Lex are here through Wednesday spending time with Uncle Drew & I. Very exciting. I see lots of shopping in my future.


Reason #3: Speaking of shopping: Before we went to the play reading last night, we stopped off at the shiny new Apple Store in Lincoln Park. I’ve had a craptastic PC for the past three years and it’s been a special hell trying to fight with it. I was just going to look into which one I’d want, but ended up walking out with this beauty:
                                             
 Oh yes. It is mine. It will be my new boyfriend. Not really, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be obsessed with it for quite some time. Plus, the Apple Store will take my old PC and transfer EVERYTHING over to my new boyfriend – er, Mac. It feels good to be a Mac. I can’t wait to get home and open it up! So very exciting!


Reason #4: Finally, this pretty, married lady is back from her honeymoon!! YAY! I know it was only a week, but when you literally email/talk to someone every day, it’s a long freakin’ time not to hear from someone! She was definitely my first email this morning…I can’t wait to see the pictures from Cabo and the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment