Sunday, March 28, 2010

So...I'm Not Twenty-One Anymore?? Crap.

Last night was my first offical night out in Chicago.  This morning all I could think was "ouch."  Seriously...I'm getting too old for this...but I doubt it'll stop me!  I packed up Lex and headed back down to Lincoln Park to stay with Ann and Harper.  We went out for her friend, Tarrah's, birthday celebration at McGee's.  Turns out, $25 for all you can drink is a great deal...until you wake up.  At any rate, after a wardrobe crisis Ann declared it was time to "drink till we feel better about ourselves."  Awesome.  Goal semi- accomplished...until we woke up.

I will say that for only being in the city a little over a week, I ran into someone I've known since high school.  Jeremy, one of Chris' best friends, was out at the same bar.  For being such a big town, it's really not.  The icing on the cake was that KK (Caitlin) showed up too!!  We literally grew up across the street from each other and on a street full of boys, we were the only girls.  We were some fierce roller hockey players though.  Seriously, the best time ever growing up with her.  She's three years younger than me and just started a job in the city as well!  I hadn't seen her in probably 3-4 years and it was SUCH a blast to catch up last night!  We're now going to wait for her little brother, Adam, to turn 21 in May and get him and Landon up here to party...sure to be an epic night.

Moral of the story:  Drinking is fun.  Catching up with old friends is fun.  Staying out till 3:30am is even fun.  Getting older and not being able to tolerate all that in one night is the bummer of it all.


PS.  Got more than one comment on my southern accent...apparently it comes out when I drink.  Thanks Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment