Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cute Photographer Boy

After a great first date, I was praying that Mike wasn’t dating six other people or that he wasn’t a total player. In the meantime, I was home for Thanksgiving and showed my family some pictures of “cute photographer boy.” Surprisingly, Mike texted me the whole time I was home…and didn’t even stop talking to me when I told him my little cousins did a production of “Squanto & the First Thanksgiving.” (I wouldn’t have blamed him if he did.)

When I got back from Thanksgiving, Mike wanted to hang out again. We decided to get pizza and watch a movie at my place. Unfortunately for me, he still had a beard at that point and I was agonizing over whether or not he’d try to kiss me with that thing or not. Unfortunately for him, he got in a wreck on the way to my house. He was less than thrilled.

We walked in the rain to go pick up the pizza. I asked where his parents live and he started laughing. As it turns out, he lived with his parents. I’m not going to say that it was easy for me to hear that news, because it definitely wasn’t. Everything about this guy was awesome, except for this one thing. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that everything about this guy is AWESOME, except for this one thing. So, after much thought, many emails to friends and consideration, I decided that if that was the one thing I had to deal with from a guy I was really into, that I was ok with it.

Even though this was our second date, I was probably more nervous than our first date. This guy was pretty great and I was attracted to him…so of course, I still couldn’t look him in the eyes. Hell, I could barely look at him period. He must have thought I was crazy.

After we watched a movie and talked for a while (I’m not sure we actually ever put a movie in…), it was time for him to head back to the ‘burbs. And then he kissed me. With a beard. Even though it was a little weird, it wasn’t bad. I was so sure he was going to be a bad kisser b/c something had to be wrong with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment